Seeking personable, energetic, well-rounded and highly-effective candidates to join our small & tight-knit team.
All experience levels will be considered. Highly competitive starting compensation will be based on experience and capabilities, with opportunity for advancement.
You will engage challenging and stimulating design and engineering tasks with enthusiasm, and produce elegant solutions which are of significant value to our clients.
Specific functions will predominantly suit your strengths and interests to the extent possible based on our workload, and will include some combination of the following:
- Lead or participate in interdisciplinary project teams, collaborating on the execution of marine vehicle design, construction, transportation, and infrastructure projects.
- Structural design, analysis & engineering in a variety of materials. Every project is different, we work with steel, aluminum, and composites.
- Hydrodynamic and performance calculations and analysis including practical application to hull, appendage, and propulsion system design.
- Stability testing & analysis.
- Mechanical and electrical systems design & analysis.
- Field work including shipyard and vessel visits.
- Design for conformance with regulatory and classification society requirements and attainment of approvals.
- Project management, technical & organizational leadership, and customer liaison.
- Confidence applying your technical skills, education and experience to a wide variety of challenges.
- Ability to have fun while doing great work.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively to a broad audience (other engineers, project managers, regulatory agencies, shipyard staff, vessel owners and operators).
- Ability to efficiently and effectively utilize available technical and analytical tools to contribute to designs, solve problems, and develop improvements in performance, efficiency, cost, and environmental responsibility.
- Adaptability and enjoyment of variety. You will work in and gain exposure to a variety of industry sectors such as high speed and luxury pleasure craft, commercial vessels such as tugs & barges, coast guard and naval vessels, and marine construction projects.
- Proficiency or some prior experience with Microsoft Office, Autocad, Rhino, and GHS.
- We have worked with a variety of FEA & CFD programs, your previous experience utilizing these types of analytical tools is highly valued and we will consider how best to integrate your specific skill set.
We are a small business and have been working primarily on a remote basis with flexible working hours since before COVID, and will continue to do so. Ideally you are located in or planning to relocate to the Pacific Northwest in proximity to the Puget Sound waterfront. Remote work from farther afield will be considered for ideal candidates.